eTwinning project: Recycling through art
This project is designed for students from 10 to 16 years old.
The profile of the project is based on active experiential learning. We are going to probe the interdisciplinary and integrated perspective on Environmental Education in relation with Visual Arts Education. Through our project we are going to underline the value of Aesthetic culture on shaping a healthy coexistence of people in the modern environment and create critical thinking personalities.
Pedagogic objectives – Important aims of the project are:
• Environmental sensitization. To motivate children and help them become creative and active on the topic.
• For the students to comprehend the relation of interaction of people and their energies in relation to the environment.
• To learn about ways of protection and improvement of Environmental problems through Recycling.
• The exploitation of Fine Arts Education in the Aesthetic physique through the use of different materials.
• To increase the students imagination and creativity by using different techniques and materials, as well as the freedom of expression.
• To help children get familiarized with foreign languages.
• The growth of dexterities personal and social, through the collaboration and the communication, aiming at the creation of conscience of “active citizens”.
• To create critical thinking personalities, through art education and transformative learning process.
• “Introduction το our project”, we are going to use the safe Twin Space platform for exchanging the activities.
• “We present ourselves” – we use mixed techniques.
• “We learn about Recycling”. Children receive knowledge and search for informations about the topic and create educational material.
• “The recycling tree”. We are going to create imaginary sculptures on the shape of a tree and put on our messages.
• “The students organize and present works”, use the project method to learn, about the topic and share knowledge with the others.
• “Art creations and emotions”. It is going to become the bases for the Teachers to apply Emotional Education. Our students are going to use recyclable materials, such as papers, aluminium, plastic bottles, glass, to create dolls and puppets. With those toys we will present theatrical games in classroom.
• “Seasonal creations and ideas”.
• “A game”.
• “Interactive events and exchanging of materials”.
• We are going to create a TwinSpace open to public and a blog . For our students’ to present their creations: videos, audios, presentations etc.
• Seasonal creations and exchanging of materials through digital form archieves and traditional post.
• We are going to organize exhibitions in our School event Halls and events open to School community and to public. Also, we are going to participate in interactive activities in collaboration with other Schools in national and international level.
The journey started when Esperanza Caro from Madrid, Spain accepted the invitation of Theodora Chandrinou from Athens, Greece to participate in the «Recycling through Art» project and the main activities as a base. Thanks to our friendship and both Fine Arts Artists and Teachers we designed this project with respect and responsibility.
We invited our colleagues to participate and the project gave fruitful results for the benefits of our students.We worked all together and we managed to get the best out of the children.
We thank all the participants, students and teachers, for the perfect collaboration we had.
Special thanks to Irene Confalone from Italy for her remarkable co-operation.
You are invited to visit the twin space platform and explore the pages created, open to everyone.
We hope to inspire you!
This Greek project designed by Theodora Chandrinou is the base for the eTwinning project.
Project links in twin space eTwinning platform:
We invite you to visit our twin space pages:
- Our e Twinning project: Recycling through art
- Our Project Label
- Blog for the Greek Schools presentations
- Our School – 20 pr. School of Ilion, Athens – Greece
- We present ourselves – Grade 6 -20th pr. Sch. of Ilion, Athens – Greece
- We present ourselves – Grade 5 -20th pr. Sch. of Ilion, Athens – Greece
- We present ourselves, grade 4 – 20th primary School of Ilion, Athens – Greece
- «The Smiling Children» Create and Collaborate
- Our School – 14 of Ilion , ATHENS – GREECE
- We send frienship messages – 14th primary School of Ilion, Athens – Greece
- Our school- San José-Madrid
- We present ourselves – School San José
- Our school: Divina Pastora -Madrid and we present ourselves
- We present ourselves – School Divina Pastora
- ITALY: OUR SCHOOL AND WE PRESEND OURSELVES
- Interaction Christmas events
- Ecology gifts from recyclable materials- Educational Material
- We recycle, create and share for the day of friendship
- Cooperative ties Italy- Greece- Spain
- Friendship – Amistad – Amicizia – Φιλία
- Wall painting – eTwinning Friendship
- Η ΦΙΛΙΑ ΠΟΛΥΤΙΜΟΣ ΣΥΜΜΑΧΟΣ ΣΤΗ ΖΩΗ ΜΑΣ
- Lets talk about Friendship through Art-20 pr. Sch. of Ilion, Athens – Greece
- New Technologies embrassing eTwinning FRIENDSHIP
- INTERACTIVE CREATIONS – POSTERS & ART-WORKS
- Safe Internet campaign in Greece – interaction among Schools
- Somos Solidarios -Divina Pastora
- Τέχνη και Συναισθηματική Αγωγή – Art and Emotional Education
- Art creations and emotions
- The name of our international group
- “The students organize and present works – Recycling Campaign”
- The students organize and present works -The surface of Mars
- Artistic creations with recycled materials
- The RECYCLING Alphabet
- Why Do Recycle ?
- English subject – 20th pr. School of Ilion, Athens, Greece
- RECYCLING THROUGH ART IN THE ENGLISH CLASS-14TH PRIMARY SCHOOL OF ILION, GREECE
- “Creative Workshop for Making Easter Large Candles” – creations and collaborations
- EASTER GREEK CELEBRATIONS IN THE SCHOOL
- Symbols of Easter
- Musical Instruments – Greece
- ICT – 14th Primary School of Ilion
- Land Art etwinning collaborations
- LAND ART -14TH PRIMARY SCHOOL OF ILION – GREECE
- LAND ART -20TH PRIMARY SCHOOL OF ILION – GREECE
- Land Art creations from Italy
- Land Art creations from Madrid-Spain
- We work together and Exchange materials by traditional post
- «A pleasant surprise»
- RECYCLING UNITES US
- THE RECYCLING TREES – Greek Schools Art collaboration
- ART UNITES US
- Celebrations of May
- 1st Day of May – we share flowers
- Day of Mother-Greece , Spain, Italy
- The works of the Art Masters inspire the children – Antoni Gaudi
- The works of the Art Masters inspire the children – Theofilos – Greece
- We love Games
- Create games with recycled material
- Events and activities
- Diversity celebtrations in the School
- All together we can do the best – thankfull message -Greece
- SUMMER WISHES
- Paricipating Teachers Evaluate the eTwinning Project «Recycling through Art»
- Students evaluate the project – Greece – Spain – Italy
- eTwinning project «Recycling through Art» results presentation
- Evaluation Questionnaires
- Our feedback activities
All the best and congratulations to all participating members!!!