hand in (to somebody) = give
- He found a wallet and handed it in to the police.
- Excuse me. I ‘ve lost my briefcase. Has anybody by any chance handed it in?
- At exactly ten o’ clock the teacher told us to hand in the essays.
- “Hand in your homework, please” , said the teacher.
- Before the exam you have to hand in all the books and notes to the supervisors.
- Those who have finished can now hand in their tests.
- At the airport you have to hand in your luggage to the inspector.
- Yesterday morning the minister handed in his resignation.