come down with = become ill with something
- I have a terrible headache and a running nose. I’m coming down with the flu.
- I’m not feeling very well today. I think I’m coming down with something.
- The baby has been coughing since yesterday and now she is coming down with fever. We should take her to the doctor.
- During his trip he came down with an infectious illness.
- He came down with a disease. Luckily, it wasn’t anything serious.
- He has come down with pneumonia and will be in hospital for a week or so.
- When the baby came down with an ear infection, she cried all the time.
- Several students have come down with the flu at school.