hang around = hang round = hang about = spend time in a place without doing anything special
- We didn ‘t buy anything from the stores. We were just hanging around.
- Don ‘t just hang around there! Come and help me clean the yard.
- The children said they didn ‘t see anything concerning the incident. They were just hanging about in the park.
- When the earthquake happened, we were at the beach, hanging about on the sand.
- Don ‘t hang round the streets. Go to the park or to a friend’s house.
- I love it when we hang around their house. They are always very nice and hospitable.
- I hung around the corner waiting for them for half an hour.
- Why are these people always hanging about our neighbourhood?