look up to = admire, respect
- All children look up to their parents.
- We always looked up to our teachers.
- I have always looked up to Mr. Bates. He has achieved so much in life.
- Everyone looks up to her. She ‘s a remarkable woman.
- We have always looked up to our grandfather. He was able to overcome all difficulties in life.
- People respected her opinion and she was looked up to by the community.
- He is a role model for other students to look up to.
- Even politicians from opposing political parties look up to him and value his opinion.