is coupled with (something) = combined with something else
- Her honesty coupled with her kindness make her a wonderful friend.
- Low sales coupled with increased expenses have led to huge losses for the company.
- Her intelligence coupled with her ability to cooperate wih everyone make her ideal for this job.
- His bad temper coupled with the fact that he had no patience with children made him a bad teacher.
- The low payment coupled with a very demanding boss mean that this isn’t a very good job.
- His experience in the job coupled with the fact that he is very hard-working make him an ideal manager.