copy down = write on paper (something that is spoken or shown on a board)
- The students copied down the exercise from the board.
- This food is delicious! Tell me the recipe, I’ll copy it down.
- Let me copy your telephone number down.
- The reporters copied down what the prime minister said.
- I like copying down new words and phrases that I hear on television. It helps you learn the language better.
hang out (with somebody) = often spend time with somebody or at a place
- Why are you hanging out with such bad people?
- My mum doesn’t really like the people I hang out with.
- If you want to find us, we usually hang out at the new sports club.
- Teenagers like to hang out with people of their own age.
- I know all the places my older brother hangs out and all the people he hangs out with.