What follows are lines from John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address, delivered on January 20, 1961.
- Determine if the sentences are written in passive or active voice.
- Change the voice.
- Is either voice equally effective?
- «For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life.»
- «Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of liberty.»
- «And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.»