Skip to content
- We prepared a power point presentation about the Polish National Educational System and the existing database on dropout of school in Poland.
- The students prepared a presentation about our school and a presentation about Dąbrowa Górnicza￼
- The students wrote slogans and created a logo for the project.
- The Portuguese partner prepared the design of the project t-shirts with the slogan and logo of the project. Each partner made the t-shirts to wear them during visits and current school activities in order to advertise the project goals and disseminate the project.
- We have held a debate on the pattern of the Oxford debate entitled “Evaluation and development of practical ways to reduce the number of students dropping out of school too early in other words what can be done with the students in order not to drop out of school?” In our debate took part: the students evolved in the project, the representatives of student government, school educator and teachers.
- New approaches, experiences and practical possibilities to reduce the number of early school leaving were investigated.
- Power point presentations (photos and text) about the evolution of school life in the students’ hometown or their parents’ hometown for a better understanding of today’s school were prepared. The best six photos were printed on format A4 and a short comment on this topic was written on each photo. These photos were sent to Poland to be used in a photo exhibition before the meeting.
- Students wrote a short text reflecting on the evolution of education (30-40 words). The best was sent to Poland to be integrated in the exhibition together with other partners’ texts.
- Teachers prepared two innovative games and activities for team formation, acquaintance and breaking ice between the team members, to boost confidence, promote teamwork, etc. and sent to Turkey. The booklet with games was put to the project web.
- Our students interviewed their friends/relative who have dropped out and wrote their stories.
- The teachers interviewed people they know around them who have dropped out
- Good sayings and proverbs about education were written by the students.
- Students prepared a questionnaire about “How can we change school in order to reduce early school leaving”.
- School educator conducted a survey in which students established the usefulness of job counselling classes especially connected with choosing a secondary school.
- Banner with logo of the Erasmus+ project was ordered. A mock-up map was ordered. It was placed in our school
- We introduced student’s support – as a part of extracurricular activities some good students conducted classes for students with learning difficulties.
- The conference “When young people do not go to school … Analysis of the causes and means of counteractions” took place in the City Hall of Dąbrowa Górnicza 17.12.2015. The organizers of the conference were: Head of the Department of Education of the City Hall of Dabrowa Górnicza , Complex of Schools No. 4 Queen Jadwiga and Training Centre “Profesja”. Participants of the meeting: headmasters, deputy headmasters, educators, school psychologists, school counsellors and teachers from lower secondary schools and secondary schools from Dabrowa Górnicza (approx. 40 people). Headmistress of School No. 4 introduced the audience to the subject issues of the phenomenon of drop-out, stressing the importance of the problem against the background of socio – economic situation in Europe. Project coordinator gave a presentation on the issue of the “Edu-Living & Edu-leaving”.
- The scale of the phenomenon in Europe and the partner countries, and the definition of the phenomenon ELET and drop-out were discussed. A psychologist gave a lecture on the reasons for drop-out, drew attention to the role and tasks of the school and the factors conductive to learning. She also presented the reasons for drop-out from the perspective of teachers, parents and students, and presented 4 tracks of leaving school.
- Article about the conference appeared on the website https://www.dabrowa-gornicza.pl/ and in local paper.
- Job counselling classes – Meetings with Secondary school representatives (all types of schools: secondary school, technical college, vocational school) – give our students the chance to become familiar with educational offer of particular schools.
- Cooperating with local institutions which enable our students to be aware of future demands. Our partners are: Regional Agency of Employment Promotion- organizes classes for students which give them the chance to know their job predisposition and social abilities.
- Psychological Counselling Centre- organizes classes for students having problems with defining their further
- school career and helps them to choose appropriate secondary school.
- Monitoring the students at risk of drop-out
It means that we check the family and economic situation of our students. At the beginning of the school year, our school educators fulfill the “Diagnostic cards” on students at risk of falling out of the education system – gather information, which students in the class come from broken families, are orphans, or if in the family there is an alcoholic problem, whether there is a difficult financial situation.
School educator collects data – on their basis is students are given material support (books, free lunches, food parcels) and psychological (classes with a school teacher, learning support)
- Students – Teachers – common actions
- We show the students that the school is not only a chore, but a nice way to spend time – we engage students in the organization of school events, shows, charity events, we organize thematic tours, trips to the cinema, theater, different competitions￼
- Students work with “educational project” method
- It is a strategy, which allows to self – search of different sources of knowledge and build on this basis the knowledge which is necessary to solve a specific problem.
- Students have to work in groups in order to find a solution to a specific problem using a variety of different ways. Students connect fun with learning, in this way they have the opportunity to improve various competencies: responsibility for their own progress, problem solving in a creative way, to be able to use theory in practice, the development process and creativity. The project is implemented by the pupils accompanied by a teacher during the school year – from October to May .
- The final part of the project is a public presentation in the school forum. The form of presentation is determined by themes.￼
- As part of the job counselling – cooperation with the local community, we organised visits to different workplaces:
- students of the last class had trips to the airport, they got to know how the airport terminal service works
they visited a car dealership, they got to know how does the car workshop work
2. Cooperation within the framework of the project with secondary schools in our city – economic, technical – students attended classes at the Zespół Szkół Technicznych w Dąbrowie Górniczej, they got to know the schools` offer and education process in chosen profession
- Open Day of School Complex No. 4 – Erasmus + stand, meeting with parents and future students of our school, presentation of the project activities.
- Family Picnic (2015, 2016) – promotion of the project; Erasmus + stand, educational games for parents, students, community and invited guests. The participants received information on the activities of the school’s capacity to absorb the phenomenon of drop-out. Distribution of promotional materials – folders and bags with the project logo.
- We introduced “Dancing break” and “Singing break” between lessons. During the break some students danced Zumba, they were prepared by PE teacher. During the singing break students sang songs displayed on the big screen (like karaoke).
- E – register. In the school year 2014/ 2015 e – register was introduced that worked with paper school register. E-register is an effective way to monitor our students, teachers have better and quicker contact with parents (through email correspondence). Parents can check information regularly about absence of the students in school, marks which he/ she received on a given day, and the positive and negative aspects of behavior with comments from other teachers.
- Our students and teachers made trips to some museums, schools, educational centre, etc. ￼
- We presented the project works of students as well as the photos of the transnational meetings on the Erasmus Corner.
- We prepared a questionnaire for the students in order to know their feelings and thoughts about education and our school.
- We made a survey with people who dropped out from school and evaluated.