Useful websites for ELT – (Secondary education)
Some of them have strict copyright rules, so check them out before using
- https://www.poetryfoundation.org/: Teachers can find poems here and analyse them in relation to a theme they are teaching in class or develop a lesson around a poem. (See also no 2)
- https://www.sparknotes.com/: Website with original texts and also analyses of a variety of classical texts. Useful for those wishing to incorporate literature teaching in their ELT classes. The analyses form here can be used in combination with poems from no 1.
- https://www.tes.com/: Website with teaching resources for various subjects. There are resources for English lessons but resources from other subjects in the English language can also be used within the framework of CLIL teaching.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/: A website run by BBC with ready-made lessons on various aspects of English language learning
- https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/resources: Teaching resources offered by the British Council
- https://www.bfi.org.uk/education-research/teaching-film-tv-media-studies: Film-based teaching resources offered by the British Film Institute, as well as free bibliography on teaching media in the classroom
- https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/education/: Online teaching resources offered by the British National Archives
- https://www.ted.com/ : Website with interesting talks on various subjects. Teachers can develop various activities based on these talks.
- https://www.nobelprize.org/education-network-nobel-prize-lessons/ : Teaching resources offered in the English language by the Nobel Prize Foundation
- https://www.nobelprize.org/: Teachers can develop their own lessons based on the Nobel Prize Acceptance Speeches or on interviews the winners have given. These videos or audio-recordings are available on the website.
- http://www.amazingeducationalresources.com/?fbclid=IwAR0_KASMgCTJ22Po4LPgXlt8hpsqsebB0r5_MR2Fh7PaCWG6exJDHtbJmJE Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closings (Updated) : Amazing Educational Resources
- https://stories.audible.com/start-listen Stories, Books, Folks and Fairy Tales.
- https://americanenglish.state.gov/four-skills-resources American English – UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF STATE
- https://www.youtube.com/user/NGLYoungLearners/playlists National Geographic Learning: Young Learners (Videos)
- https://xenesglosses.eu/2020/03/anakoinosi-pekade-eleftheri-prosvasi-ekpaideftikes-tainies-mikrou-mikous/?fbclid=IwAR3XXY5Q4TJHlFP1tX2JOJgwPBZNO4bekkBrTMaFGQlrAELwf-7moTMxYp4 PEKADE: Free educational films from Canada
- https://www.burlingtonbooks.com/Greece/Page.aspx?PageID=1469&zoneIndex=0 Burlington Books= FREE ACCESS to the complete Burlington Digital Readers Library until 31st August, 2020!