Have a read of the below list and we are sure you will find a lot of helpful tips to improve your English!
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Be confident. People can only correct your mistakes when they hear you make them.
- Surround yourself in English. Put yourself in an all English speaking environment where you can learn passively. The best way to learn is through speaking.
- Practise every day. Make yourself a study plan. Decide how much time a week you are going to spend studying and stick to it. Establish a routine.
- Tell your family and friends about your study plan. Get them to push you to study and also don’t let them interrupt you.
- Practise the 4 core skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. They all need to be worked on for you to improve.
- Keep a notebook of new words you learn. Use them in sentences and try to say them at least 3 times when you speak.
- Do a lesson at least once a day.
- Memorisation of lists is one of the most common ways of learning vocabulary for a test. It’s only a good exercise for short term studying because you often do not retain the information that you have learned for a test.
- Use your body clock. If you’re not a morning person, study in the afternoon.
- You will find words easier to remember if you try to remember an example sentence using that word rather the word on its own.
WATCH THE FOLLOWING VIDEO ON YOUTUBE
WATCH THE FOLLOWING PRESENTATION ON SLIDESHARE