1. Marking the start of the program, our students with the help of their teachers, colored letters forming the title of our project «ARTEMOTION XPRESS IN EUROPE».
2. The first transnational project meeting is close. Therefore, a new activity took place in our school. A group of students created a collage in order to welcome our partners.
3. A new project should have its own logo. Therefore, a small contest will take place among the partner schools. The best painting among the schools of the partnership will be the logo of our program. Our students started quickly their work aiming at success. Good luck.
4. All the teachers have completed some initial activities in their classrooms, so that the students have a better understanding of the meaning of our project and get to know the European countries of the partnership. Enjoy their work.
5. Our physical education teacher, in collaboration with teachers from two school classes, combined the cognitive and sensorimotor area of development and created a series of activities aiming at familiarizing children with the Art of Sculpturing.
Thusly, various pictures of sculptures were presentd to the students, used their tactile sensation to feel statues of different materials and created art made of plasticine and imitated Discobolous” pose.
They also visited the open stadium in order to compete on the throwing of the discus and imitate Discobolous” stasis just before the release of the discus.
6. Aiming at familiarizing children with the Art of Sculpturing, Art has been introduced in the school curriculum of the Upper Scale Class. Thus, students learned about the Cycladic Art, painted Cycladic idols and got familiar with ancient Greek sculptures and musical instruments.
7. In order to have a better understanding of the Arts and how they are related to the emotions, we created an introductory P.P. presentation. It was very entertaining, interactive and educational. It helped our students recognize and name some of the arts with which they are involved in the school and they simultaneously began to realize that we can feel different emotions by watching or listening to different artifacts.
8. Collages about arts and emotions were finally completed. Our students worked in small groups. They brought several magazines and newspapers from their houses, on which they found images and words about emotions and arts. Then, they cut and glued them over large cardboards and created two beautiful collages, which are going to be in a different class every other week. This activity offered a chance for discussion, exploration, creativity, dialogue and identification of their own feelings as well as other peoples’ feelings.
The images were placed in such a way, that they created an ancient theater.
The images were placed in a free, unstructured manner, creating a wonderful collage full of emotions.
9. During our school’s celebration for the national anniversary of 28th October 1940, there was a power point presentation. Children heard and sang songs from that era. They saw several paintings, posters and sketches and there was a discussion about Greeks’ feelings while in war and about their own feelings while they were watching those images. The students named the feelings caused by war, hunger, poverty, enslavement and also freedom, liberty, salvation.
10. One more activity aiming at familiarizing children with the Art of Sculpturing, was a visit at the Panathenaic Stadium, the Zappeion and its gardens. Students had the opportunity to see and touch statues like Discovolous, Xylothrafsti and Eros and also to explore Zappeion Hall, see the famous frescoes, and walk to the Kallimarmaro! Once again, the students took pictures of the statues and whatever impressed them the most!